Parking Garage Changes
Beginning August 20, 2018, Allen Fieldhouse Parking Garage, Central District Parking Garage, and Mississippi Street Parking Garage will all switch to a License Plate Recognition system. Instead of using gates and pulling tickets upon entry/paying at exit, license plates will be scanned upon entrance and exit and those parking in the garage are expected to either have a valid permit for that garage linked to their plate or pre-pay for parking upon arrival using a pay station or the ParkMobile app.
Garage Permit Holders
- If you purchased a garage permit, it is extremely important that you keep your license plate up to date, regardless if you are driving a different vehicle for just a day or two or if you get a new vehicle/plate. You will need to either log into your parking portal or contact the KU Parking & Transit office to update the plate linked to your permit before arriving on campus. If you have had a garage permit in past years, please take the time to verify your current license plate is linked to your permit.
- Failure to update the plate linked to your permit will result in a ticket being issued, as will failure to pay the hourly rate while parking in a garage other than the one your permit is valid in.
- In addition to being sure your license plate is always up to date, it is important that license plates are parked facing the drive lane in garages as is required in surface lots. Failure to park with your license plate clearly visible from the driving lane will result in a ticket being issued.
- Remember that only 1 vehicle per permit can be parked anywhere on campus at the same time. If more than one vehicle is parked using one permit at the same time, a ticket will be issued to the second vehicle found.
Hourly Parking (Non-Garage Permit Holders/Visitors)
- Pull slowly into the garage and find a place to park, avoiding ADA/Limited mobility stalls without displaying a valid placard and reserved/service stalls.
- Take a picture of your license plate, or write your plate information down, and proceed to the pay station within 15 minutes of entering the garage to pre-pay for parking.
- Another option is to pre-pay for your parking time using the ParkMobile app.
- Mississippi Street Parking Garage: Zone 3930
- Central District Parking Garage: Zone 3931
- Allen Fieldhouse Parking Garage: Zone 3929
- Failure to pre-pay for the length of time you will be parked in the garage will result in a ticket being issued.
- Payment can be made at pay stations with a Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover card or with cash. Pay stations are unable to give change, so be sure to have exact change if paying cash.
- Pay stations can be found at:
- Mississippi Street Parking Garage: SW stair tower on levels 1, 4, and 5
- Central District Parking Garage: NE stairs on levels 1 and 2, SW exit on level 1
- Allen Fieldhouse Parking Garage: level 1 south stair tower, level 3 lobby