Carpool Program for Students
Parking on campus is limited and most student parking lots quickly fill up Monday through Friday. Students often may spend more time looking for a parking space than if they chose alternative transportation. We encourage students to consider carpooling, and we offer a permit for those who choose this option.
- A carpool must have at least two members, and members may not have any other KU parking permits.
- Cost is $350/number of carpool members.
- Carpool permits are valid only in lots 52, 61 and 301. Only one car may be parked in lot 52 or 61 at any time.
- Carpool members may park additional registered vehicle(s) in the Park & Ride lot (301) on days when carpooling is not feasible.
- Any parking tickets issued to carpool participants are the responsibility of the owner/operator of the illegally parked vehicle.
- Any abuse of a Carpool permit by participants, family members, non-KU students or anyone not authorized to use the Carpool permit will result in the Carpool permit being revoked.