How To Use Parking Garages
There are three parking garages located on campus that are available for visitors to use, by paying an hourly toll. These garages use License Plate Recognition software (starting August 20, 2018) and visitors must pre-pay for parking within 15 minutes of entering the garage. For each use of the garage, the first hour (or any portion of an hour) is $1.75, and all subsequent hours are $1.50.
The Allen Fieldhouse Garage is located on the corner of Naismith and Irving Hill Road and has entrances and exits on the third level that connect to Irving Hill Road. The Mississippi St. Garage is located just north of the Kansas Union, and has entrances and exits both at level one on Mississippi St. and on level 5 at Oread Avenue. The Central District Garage is located in the new Central District, north of Hilltop Childcare Center with one entrance on Ousdahl Road north of 18th Street.
Hourly Parking (Non-Permit Holders/Visitors)
- Pull slowly into the garage and find a place to park, avoiding ADA/Limited mobility stalls without displaying a valid placard and reserved/service stalls.
- Take a picture of your license plate, or write your plate information down, and proceed to the pay station within 15 minutes of entering the garage to pre-pay for parking.
- Another option is to pre-pay for your parking time using the ParkMobile app2.
- Failure to pre-pay for the length of time you will be parked in the garage will result in a ticket being issued5.
- Payment can be made at pay stations with a Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover card or with cash. Pay stations are unable to give change, so be sure to have exact change if paying cash.
- Multiple pay stations are located in each garage at:
- Mississippi Street Parking Garage: SW stair tower on levels 1, 4, and 5
- Central District Parking Garage: NE stairs on levels 1 and 2, SW exit on level 1
- Allen Fieldhouse Parking Garage: level 1 south stair tower, level 3 lobby