Signup for Parking Permits Available Now
Payroll deduction for 2015-16 faculty/staff permits is now available in our new eBusiness portal. Those individuals on the main KU payroll must be a regular (non-temporary) faculty or staff member with a 0.50 or greater appointment to be eligible to participate in payroll deduction for parking permits. Employees of affiliated corporations should contact their payroll office with eligibility questions.
We have made several significant changes to how permits and payroll deduction will work beginning this year.
LICENSE PLATE RECOGNITION: Almost all parking permits will now be tied to your license plate, instead of a sticker in your window. Please note your license plate before you begin your transaction. It will also be important to register your alternate license plates when you drive a different vehicle.
EARLY DEADLINE: All deductions for parking will now be year-round, with deductions beginning in July. If you complete your transaction after June 12, 2015, you will be invoiced for missed deductions for the 2015-16 permit year.
BUT THERE IS GOOD NEWS! Year-round deductions will now be ongoing. After you sign up this year, your deductions will simply continue in subsequent years, until you make a change, such as changing color zones, etc.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR GARAGE PERMIT HOLDERS: We recommend that you complete your payroll deduction enrollment by June 12, 2015, to ensure that we can process and mail your permit in a timely manner.
If you do not wish to have deductions to come out of multiple checks, you may purchase the permit online through the eBusiness portal with a credit card after July 1, 2015, or in person beginning July 21, 2015.
Our payroll deduction process has changed this year! Please read these instructions carefully:
- Please go to the Parking & Transit eBusiness portal and click on the “Manage My Parking Account.”
- Then, click the “Log into myKU Portal” button. Once you are logged into the portal, you will automatically be redirected back to the parking page to begin the purchase process. We are working toward simplifying this login process in future releases of our payment portal.
- Log in with your KU Online ID and password. If you do not have a KU Online ID and password and wish to obtain one, visit the Information Technology website.
- As a reminder, your KU Online ID and password are the same ones that you use to log into your KU Exchange email account.
- If you have outstanding parking fines, you will not be allowed to purchase a permit. You may pay outstanding fines with a credit/debit card in the same website, but not in the same transaction.
- If you aren’t offered the permit for which you believe you qualify, please contact us.
- If you are purchasing both car and motorcycle permits, you will have to do this in two separate transactions.
- You will be asked about your vehicle information, which is required this year to complete your transaction.
- Check your mail and email addresses carefully during the purchase process.
- Please note that the payroll deduction options are in two separate but consecutive pages!
Individual Deduction Amounts
|Cycle or Moped||$ 75||$ 2.88||$ 4.69|
|First Deduction Taken:||1st Paycheck of Fiscal Year|
How To Video
Logging into the eBusiness Portal
Registering Your Vehicle
Color Zone Changes
The following zone changes have been approved:
- Lots 36 & 39 (Memorial Drive) - change pull-in parking sections closest to the center gold, change sections closes to east stairs to blue, and keep remainder parallel parking red, and keeping the pull-in parking at furthest west end blue.
- Lot 50/52 (JRP & Carruth) - change all parking to red, but have the restrictions end at 4 p.m.
- Lot 34 (Computer Center) - change northernmost section of parking to blue.
- Lot 61/62 (Sunnyside & Illinois) - change all parking to red.
- Lot 54 (Murphy) - change northernmost section of parking to blue, due to closure of lot 33 for construction of EEEC buildings.
- Lot 72 (Burge Union) - change northernmost row to red, due to closure of lot 33.