Employees on the main KU payroll must be a regular (non-temporary) faculty or staff member with a 0.50 FTE or greater appointment to be eligible to participate in payroll deduction for parking permits. Employees of affiliated corporations with eligibility questions should contact their payroll office.
Employees who had payroll deduction in the previous year will have their permit automatically renewed through payroll deduction and no action is necessary. If you check your account and do not see a new parking permit, please contact KU Parking at firstname.lastname@example.org. KU Parking sends renewal notices in June. If you don’t want to renew your KU parking permit or want to make changes, please follow the instructions in that email.
If you don’t want to pay for your parking permit through payroll deductions, you can pay online by credit card.
To purchase a permit through payroll deduction:
Go to the KU Parking portal and click the “University of Kansas” button. Log in using your KU Online ID and password. (Note that the payroll deduction options are in two separate but consecutive pages.)
- If you have unpaid tickets, you must pay those first by clicking on “Pay Citation” in the Quick Links box in the KU Parking portal.
- You will need to know your vehicle(s) license plate number.
- Check your mail and email addresses carefully during the purchase process.
- If you aren’t offered the permit for which you believe you qualify, please contact KU Parking.
- If you are purchasing both car and motorcycle permits, you will have to do this in two separate transactions.
The first deduction will appear on the first paycheck of the fiscal year (on or after July 1).
|Park & Ride||$220||$8.46||$13.75||$18.33|