Spring 2019 Parking Forum
The Parking Commission sponsored an open forum to receive feedback on parking issues, and review changes for the 2019-20 academic year with the KU campus on April 10, 2019.
The proposed changes are as follows:
- NO increase in parking permit rates
- Allow retiree permits to be valid in parking garages
- Offer Staff Yellow permits to Graduate Students
- Combine Oliver/Downs and Stouffer Place Apartments into a single parking zone
- Allow Housing permits to park in any housing zone after 5 p.m. until 7 a.m. on weeknights
- Remove restrictions from Jayhawker Towers parking zones on weekends
- Add fine escalation to tickets related to improper use of permits
In accordance with university policy, Parking & Transit hosts two open forums each academic year. Individuals were able to speak at the meeting or may send comments in written form to Margretta de Vries, Parking Commission secretary.
If you were unable to attend, you can also provide feedback to us through an online survey. General issues included in these comments will be summarized and shared with the Parking Commission.
19th Street Construction Begins 3/11/19
Due to the long term closure of 19th Street between Naismith and Iowa beginning on 3/11, Routes 11 and 38 will be on the following reroutes. Drivers will stop at all existing posted stops on the alternative route.
Route 11 will miss stops on West Campus and along 19th Street:
- Northbound from 23rd & Naismith: Continue past 19th, left on 18th left on Irving Hill Rd., right on Engel (okay to drop at Daisy Hill stops), right on 15th, right on Burdick, left on Irving Hill Rd., to normal route.
- Southbound from 15th & Naismith: Right on 15th, remain on 15th to Engel, left on Engel (okay to pick-up at Stops 251 & 374), left on Irving Hill Rd., right on 18th, right on Naismith, remain on Naismith to normal route.
Route 38 will miss stops on Stewart Avenue:
- Northbound from 23rd & Ousdahl: Right on 21st, left on Naismith, left on 18th, continue on 18th to normal route.
- Southbound from 18th & Irving Hill Rd: Continue on 18th past Ousdahl, right on Naismith, right on 21st, left on Ousdahl to normal route.
These reroutes will continue for the rest of the semester/summer.