Permits - Students Living Off Campus
Permits go on sale around July first and are made available based on student academic level on a first come, first served basis. A limited number of permits are available for each parking area. If permits are sold out for your preferred parking area, you can sign up for a waiting list. Please consider whether walking or riding a bus to class may be more convenient than purchasing a parking permit.
Note: Freshman students who live off campus are only eligible for Park & Ride permits.
Yellow Permit - $279/year
Yellow permits are valid in any yellow zone.
Garage Yellow Permit - $323/year
Yellow Garage permits are sold for specific garages:
|Campus Area (Landmark)||Designated Garage|
|North (Kansas Memorial Union)||Mississippi Street Garage|
|Central (Burge Union)||Central District Garage|
|Central (Allen Fieldhouse) — Available only to graduate students||Allen Fieldhouse Garage|
Please Note: All parking in the Central District and Allen Fieldhouse garages is preempted during home basketball game days. All parking in the Mississippi Parking Garage is preempted during home football game days. Signs will be posted 48 hours in advance of each home game. Please remove your vehicle from the garage before the stated time on the specified dates.
Park & Ride Permit - $203/year
A reduced permit is an option for remote parking in the Park & Ride lot (301). Bus service (route 41) to the central core of campus runs 7 a.m. - 10:30 p.m., Monday–Friday. The full schedule is available at lawrencetransit.org.
Carpool Permit - Variable Price
Carpool permits will be the permit price divided by the number of members in the carpool.
- A carpool must have at least two members, and members may not have any other KU parking permits.
- Carpool permits are valid only in lots 52, 61 and 301. Only one car may be parked in lot 52 or 61 at any time.
- Carpool members may park more than one registered vehicle in the Park & Ride lot (301).
- Any parking tickets issued to carpool participants are the responsibility of the owner/operator of the illegally parked vehicle.
- Any abuse of a Carpool permit by participants, family members, non-KU students or anyone not authorized to use the Carpool permit will result in the Carpool permit being revoked.