To cut down on the number of ADA placards that are used illegally, KU Parking requires that students, faculty and staff who use an ADA placard to park on campus must provide proof of registration. Vehicles that display unregistered placards will be ticketed.
Students, Faculty and Staff
All student, faculty or staff cars on campus require paid parking permits, including those parked in ADA-compliant spaces. Students, faculty and staff who intend to park in ADA-compliant spaces on campus must register their ADA placard with KU Parking. Vehicles that display unregistered placards will be ticketed.
- There are ADA-compliant parking spaces in most parking lots on campus. However, in some parking lots there is no accessible entrance to nearby buildings.
- Anyone with a registered ADA placard and a paid KU parking permit can also park in regular parking spaces in any KU parking garage or surface lot regardless of permit color or type.
- ADA-compliant parking spaces at KU are at a premium. If you have difficulty finding a space, please contact KU Parking for assistance.
How to Register Your ADA Placard
You can register your state-issued ADA placard by mail or in person. You will need to provide the following (photocopies if registering by mail):
- Placard registration receipt or proof of registration
- KU Card
- Driver's License
Once we have verified that the placard belongs to you, KU Parking will register your placard on your existing parking permit, or sell you an ADA permit for your vehicle.
Accessible Visitor Parking Options
- Stop at a traffic booth entering Jayhawk Boulevard or come to the KU Parking office to purchase a permit. If you present your ADA wallet ID or registration and your driver’s license, you can purchase a half day permit ($1.50) or a full day permit ($3.00) to park in any color lot, housing lot or parking garage.
- Request a free visitor registration pass that will allow you to park only at meters without paying the meter fee. Visit the KU Parking office to purchase.
- Pay the hourly toll in a parking garage ($1.75 for the first hour, $1.50 for each subsequent hour).
You may board any bus for free while you are on campus. All campus buses are lift-equipped for wheelchairs and some buses are low floor.