Parking on campus is limited and most student parking lots quickly fill up Monday through Friday. Students often may spend more time looking for a parking space than if they chose alternative transportation. We encourage students to consider carpooling, and we offer a carpool permit for those who choose this option.
Two or more students may form a carpool and purchase a permit valid for parking in lots 52, 61 and 302. Carpool members must be KU students who live off campus and are not freshmen.
- A carpool must have at least two members, and members may not have any other KU parking permits.
- Student carpool permits are valid only in lots 52, 61 and 301. Only one car may be parked in lot 52 or 61 at any time.
- Carpool members who need to park separately on any given day may park additional registered vehicle(s) in the Park & Ride lot (301).
- Any parking tickets issued to carpool participants are the responsibility of the owner/operator of the illegally parked vehicle.
- Any abuse of a Carpool permit by participants, family members, non-KU students or anyone not authorized to use the Carpool permit will result in the Carpool permit being revoked.
Each potential member of a carpool must fill out our online carpool application form, and will be contacted by a staff member from Transportation Services within 3 business days: