Carpool Program for Employees
Two to four employees may form a carpool and purchase a permit.
- Members may not have any other KU parking permits.
- The permit may be purchased in any zone up to the highest eligibility of carpool members. The eligible member must be the primary driver.
- Cost is the regular permit price divided by the number of carpool members. Payroll deduction is not available for carpool permits.
- Only one car may be parked in the carpool color zone parking at any time.
- Carpool members may park additional registered vehicle(s) in the Park & Ride lot (301) on days when carpooling does not work.
- Any parking tickets issued to carpool participants are the responsibility of the owner/operator of the illegally parked vehicle.
- Any abuse of a Carpool permit by participants, family members, KU students, or anyone not authorized to use the carpool permit will result in the carpool permit being revoked.
Each potential member of a carpool must fill out our online carpool application form, and will be contacted by a staff member from Transportation Services within three business days.