Yellow lots do require a Yellow permit while summer classes are in session, but Student Housing lots (except lot 109) will remain unrestricted until the fall semester begins. Student Housing permits will be valid in yellow zones during the summer semester. PARK AND RIDE IS NOT YELLOW AND MUST PARK IN LOT 301. If you wish to upgrade from Park and Ride to yellow, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Red, Blue, and Gold staff lots, Reserved Stalls, Service Stalls, Parking Garages, and ADA/Limited Mobility all remain under normal restrictions.
Summer Road Construction
Many road construction projects will begin Monday, 5/20. Due to the re-building of Irving Hill Road from Burdick Drive to Naismith Drive, lots 6, 7, 54, 72, and 110 will not be available beginning on May 20th. We will honor all red, blue, and gold surface lot staff permits in both the Allen Fieldhouse and Central District Parking Garages from 5/20-8/9/19. Lot 109 will be restricted for valid Jayhawker Towers permit holders only from 5/20-8/9/19.
Please see the official Spring (5/20-6/7) and Summer (5/20-8/2) closure maps for details on additional lot and road closure plans throughout the summer, and email email@example.com with any questions related to parking.
Parking Permits On Sale in July
If your permit is currently being deducted from your payroll, your permit will be automatically renewed in June.
- If you want to make a change or cancel payroll deduction, please fill out our online form.
- If you wish to buy your permit using a credit or debit card, you may do that in the Parking eBusiness Portal on/after July 1.
Student parking permits will go on sale throughout the month of July. Emails will be sent out to your official KU email address with more information and links to the Parking eBusiness Portal on the following schedule:
- July 1: Graduate students
- July 8: Seniors
- July 15: Juniors
- July 22: Reminder week for first three groups
- July 29: Sophomores & Freshmen, plus Upper Classmen living in Residence Halls
19th Street Construction Begins 3/11/19
Due to the long term closure of 19th Street between Naismith and Iowa beginning on 3/11, Routes 11 will be on the following reroute. Drivers will stop at all existing posted stops on the alternative route.
Route 11 will miss stops on West Campus and along 19th Street:
- Northbound from 23rd & Naismith: Continue past 19th, left on 18th left on Irving Hill Rd., right on Engel (okay to drop at Daisy Hill stops), right on 15th, right on Burdick, left on Irving Hill Rd., to normal route.
- Southbound from 15th & Naismith: Right on 15th, remain on 15th to Engel, left on Engel (okay to pick-up at Stops 251 & 374), left on Irving Hill Rd., right on 18th, right on Naismith, remain on Naismith to normal route.
These reroutes will continue for the rest of the summer.