There are three parking garages on campus for permit and hourly toll parking:
- Allen Fieldhouse Garage is located on the corner of Naismith and Irving Hill Road (Clearance is 7 feet)
- Mississippi St. Garage is located just north of the Kansas Union (Clearance is 8 feet)
- Central District Garage is located southwest of the Integrated Science Building and the Burge Union with access from Ousdahl Road
Hourly parking is for visitors and others who don't have a KU parking permit. To use hourly parking:
- KU uses license plate recognition for parking enforcement in the garages.
- Pull slowly into the garage and find a place to park. ADA/Limited mobility and reserved/service stalls require a special permit.
- Proceed to the pay station within 15 minutes of entering the garage or use the ParkMobile app to pre-pay for parking.
- The first hour (or any portion of an hour) is $1.75, and all subsequent hours are $1.50.
- Pay stations accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover or cash. Have exact change if paying by cash, as pay stations do not give change.
Individuals with a valid KU permit and an ADA placard registered with KU Parking may park in garages without an additional garage-specific permit.