Employees on the main KU payroll must be a regular (non-temporary) faculty or staff member with a 0.50 FTE or greater appointment to be eligible to participate in payroll deduction for parking permits. Employees of affiliated corporations with eligibility questions should contact their payroll office.
If you check your account and do not see a new parking permit, please contact KU Parking by email. KU Parking sends renewal notices in June. KU employees may be able to cancel or make changes at other times by completing the online form (log in required). Changes to payroll deduction will not be accepted after Stop Day. If you have questions about payroll deduction after this date, please email.
If you don’t want to pay for your parking permit through payroll deductions, you can pay online by credit card.
Instructions for Payroll Deduction:
Go to the KU Parking portal and click the “University of Kansas” button. Log in using your KU Online ID and password. (Note that the payroll deduction options are in two separate but consecutive pages.)
- If you have unpaid tickets, you must pay those first by clicking on “Pay Citation” in the Quick Links box in the KU Parking portal.
- You will need to know your vehicle(s) license plate number.
- Check your mail and email addresses carefully during the purchase process.
- If you aren’t offered the permit for which you believe you qualify, please contact KU Parking.
- If you are purchasing both car and motorcycle permits, you will have to do this in two separate transactions.
Terms and Conditions
- Deductions are voluntary on my part and will remain in effect until the end of the current fiscal year OR until I make a request to Transportation Services in writing to amend my deductions OR I become otherwise ineligible for payroll deduction.
- It is the sole responsibility of the employee to verify their deduction information.
- Deductions may not be stopped and re-started. If parking is cancelled, it may only be reinstated by purchasing online with a credit card.
- Deductions only include permits. Fines or any other outstanding debts to Transportation Services must be paid by cash, check, or credit card.
- Deductions will be taken from each paycheck regardless of how often I choose to park at the University of Kansas.
- There will be absolutely no refunds available for pre-tax deductions.
- Because my license plate is my permission to park, I am solely responsible for maintaining my vehicle information within my parking account.
- In the event of the termination of my employment or other lack of payment, my parking privileges will cease.
The first deduction will appear on the first paycheck of the fiscal year (on or after July 1).
|Park & Ride||$220||$8.46||$13.75||$18.33|