Regulations - Policy Statements
- Rules & Regulations are valid as of their effective date (below) and are enforced year-round, including weekends, holidays, breaks, and summer. Rules, regulations, and permit fees are subject to change, and online publications will take precedence over printed material. Refer to website at parking.ku.edu for updates.
- These parking regulations have been enacted for the safety and security of campus, as well as to make parking and traffic flow as efficient as possible. They apply to all employees, students, and visitors. Voluntary compliance with these regulations is the goal, rather than to assess fines; parking fines have been enacted to deter violations.
- Any vehicle parked on campus of the University of Kansas by any KU student, faculty, or staff should be currently registered with Transportation Services.
- The fact that a citation is not issued when a vehicle is illegally parked does not mean nor imply that the rule is no longer in effect.
- The University is not responsible for loss or damage to vehicles parked on or in transit on university property.
- All e-mail messages from KU Parking are considered an “official” form of communication by the University of Kansas. Therefore, all information and/or directions must be heeded.
- Any inoperable vehicle on university property may be towed at the owner’s expense.